?

Log in

No account? Create an account

October 2nd, 2006

Oct. 2nd, 2006

We talked to the doctor today.

Tandra primarily came in her to convert to methadone, but that failed because it makes her nauseous. At this point her medication regimen really isn't much different from what she had before, and we can do this from home. So they're talking about sending us home today or tomorrow. Also, the blood transfusion she was going to get, they're trying to schedule that too. Last night Nurse Pessimist told us there was no point, but now they're talking like they're going to do it. That's actually what we're waiting on to get out of here - we want to go straight from here to the regular hospital to do the transfusion, and then go home, so we don't have to go home and then go back out again.

So at least it sounds like we're going home. I don't know if this changes the outlook of how long she has in any way. Nurse Pessimist may have had that wrong too. Who knows.

So I'm just prepared for whatever may happen - as much as I can be.
Ok I guess they are discharging her here in a couple hours. We'll go to Wesley for the transfusion around 4 or 5 and be home this evening. Anyone who wanted to visit at the hospital is just as welcome to visit us at home.