So Miah and I did a little work on the Miata Saturday. I got underneath the dash (not an easy thing to accomplish in a Miata) and looked at some of the accessory wiring. Turns out that the guy who I bought the car from had at least one stereo component and the foglights getting their power from the fuse box. You know, the ghetto method where you wrap the exposed wire around one of the fins of the bus fuse and then jam the fuse back in. Yeah, one of the wires was black at the end and the insulation had melted a little. So of course we tore that out before it caught fire. Didn't have time to tap into the power supply correctly though, so for the moment I have no foglights. This is no great loss since the place where they had been grounded had come loose and I haven't had functional foglights since I got the car anyway. Next weekend or the one after that we'll get in there and get those hooked back up.
I need my tax refund so I can order my mid-tenn flush mount headlight kit and my Adrenaline Racing street performance 1.8 brake kit.