Observations from Chicago:
- Went to Uno's for pizza. It was gooood.
- They actually have a subway and an el-train here, and I really heard the subway sound coming from the grates in the sidewalk.
- the el-train is freaking loud and screechy.
- I love Wichita drivers. Everyone here, and I mean EVERY SINGLE DRIVER is either a frigging idiot, or selfish and inconsiderate. I haven't decided which yet.
- traffic is horrendous during rush hour. freeways at a crawl, terrible congestion downtown.
- the downtown area here is huge.
- the Sears Tower is really tall.
- There is more than one cab company, and people actually use them here.
- I saw Union Station and a number of other buildings which have just grand and beautiful architecture.
- I saw the Fifth Third Bank. (??)
- I saw the rows of tall, narrow houses that you associate with San Francisco.
- The City here looks like you see on TV, like Boston or NYC or, well, Chicago.
- The suburbs here look like the City does in Wichita.
So I'm having fun. Wichita sucks. I'm not yet sold on Chicago though, I might like KC better still. We'll see how I feel after August when I come back up here and do all the touristy stuff.
I miss my baby!